Yoga Exercise Tips
´╗┐Surefire Anti-Bonebreaking Yoga Exercise Tips
Accept it. The world's visual definition of yoga is a person doing difficult body contortions. Before starting, it is imperative to remember that there are three levels in doing the yoga: advanced, intermediate and the beginner levels. As elementary as it may sound, we start with, well, the basic.
Even with basic poses, it appears that you must have mushy bones to be able to perform the exercises. Well, not anymore. Here are several basic poses and how to correctly do them to make your venture into yoga a more exciting (or should we say easy?) one:
1. The Cobra- One of the most basic forms of poses is the so-called cobra pose. This will stretch your spine and arms. To properly do it, one must lie down on her tummy while keeping the legs close together. Fully extend your arms. This will make the shoulders and chest open. This is while keeping your elbows to your body. Shoulders should be relaxed everytime. The legs should always be on the ground. 3-5 reps will do.
2. The Cat- To stretch the abdomen, this pose should do the trick. Begin by getting down to your hands and knees. Always let the head and the spine aligned. Arch your back upwards and hold that position for a few seconds. After that, do the opposite by lowering your spine. Then slowly go back to the original position. Breathing deeply while doing the pose.
3. The Push-up- To strengthen the legs, shoulders and arms, this is the perfect pose. 5-10 reps of this should do. Begin with fingers widely spread, arms in, and the hands facing forward. Align your spine with your arms making sure that the toes, hips, shoulders and the head are straight. Tighten both the legs and the stomach while in motion. Lower your body slowly when you bend your elbows. Hold. Do everything all over again, keeping the reps in mind.
4. The Dolphins- The upper body would benefit highly from this pose.
The starting position is the plank, with the hands clasped. Hold for 5 seconds then push your glutes upward. Make sure that your legs and back are aligned and straight all of the time. Go back to position one then do 10-15 reps.
5. The Chair- This is a pose full of power which targets the spine and legs. This is almost similar to a squat. Pose for 15-60 seconds. Begin by squatting then bend forward with your torso. Your head and spine should be aligned. Raise your arms while keeping your stomach taut. Assume the shape of a chair, with your knees bent but not beyond the toes. Keep heels flat. Hold as instructed, and that's it!
6. The Dog Facing Downward- This pose targets the back portion of the legs. Begin with the hands on the floor, fingers apart. Keep your butt up while your legs are unbent and heels flat. The secret to this pose's effectivity is in the extension of arms and torso. Do reps if necessary.
7. The Pick Me Up- This effectively eases stress on the abdominal area. It promises body energy that is sure to last throughout the day! This also does thyroid stimulation. Begin by relaxing while lying down. Then with knees bent, draw your heels towards your butt. Hold your ankles while slowly raising your hips. Do not gulp air through your mouth, instead, use your nose in inhaling while doing this. Stretch as far as you can then, go back down. Again, use your nose in breathing out. The minimum number of reps is 12.
Now, enough with the poses. Believe it or not, quiet solitude is also a part of yoga. One can see himself more clearly if everything is still. Again, a few tips:
1. Lie down with palms up and your hands close to your body. Feel the serenity by being one with your bodily sensations. Just lie down and enjoy.
2. As opposed to lying down, meditation requires you to sit down. Just like relaxation, meditation increases the level of awareness of bodily sensations. So just sit there with eyes closed (if you must), then feel everything. The spine and body are focal parts of meditation, too. To end it, breathe in and out 3 times.
3. Just like setting aside a time for exercises and different poses, a regular time should also be asigned to meditation and relaxation. It is believed that the early hours of both dusk and dawn are full of the force of the spirit. It is also a known fact that the mind is most-relaxed during these hours. So, it pays to wake up early just so you could start the day right.
4. Take advantage of the True North. It is best to meditate when facing North because of the strong magnetic force that this direction offers. This is not myth. It was already scientifically proven.
5. Forget everything! Empty your mind of trashes like concerns or worries which could diffuse your concentration later.
6. Try to forget everything but if you cannot, sit still for awhile and don't force it. Let your thoughts wander first, then when you are ready, trying emptying your mind once more.
7. Focus on anything that is uplifting. Remember, Peter Pan is able to fly only when he has a 'happy thought'!
8. If available, try to have a 'meditation room', a room that is free of clutter or things that could distract your thoughts while meditating.
Repetition will make a habit, so keep repeating what you read today. Remember, too, that meditation and relaxation of the senses is not a classroom lesson that can be learned. It all has to come naturally. Also, at the end of the day, no matter how difficult the poses are, or how hard you try to start meditating, everything will just become easier if we share our new venture with someone. So, what are you waiting for? Go grab a mat with your friend or special someone and start right away!
Buying A Yoga Mat
Yoga Training Teacher
... class. A lot of fields are offering yoga nowadays. You can choose which field you want to enter like yoga for the purpose of physical fitness, therapy, spiritual, pre- or post natal therapy, retreat or workshop program, and a lot more. If ever you will decide to run your own yoga studio, you ll have the ...
Benefits Of Yoga
... Hathayoga has been mastered the person can proceed to respiratory domination or breathing mastery. When the person has gone as far as having mastery over his breathing then he can proceed to pratyahara or a technique which maximizes his power to relax and to visualize things until he becomes a master ...
... and techniques on pranayama. There are also articles that discuss the different ways of practicing yoga. A sub-section, called cross training, features yoga applied to different sports. The Health section discusses the treatments for common illnesses, how some herbs have healing properties, and much more. ...
Yoga Clothes Buying
... are as flat as possible for comfort. FootEase is a brand of Yoga footwear that relieves sore, cold or aching feet. The unique shoes contain herbs and rice that improves the circulation in the feet. If you are practicing yoga outdoors, it would be good to wear a snug-fitting hat that provides enough protection ...
... so this can be practiced in the comforts of one s home. Those who want to try something else can try Bikram or Yoga Booty which cater to those in the advanced classes. Sometimes going on a vacation may seem the best to be way to relax but if the cost of air travel and the planning is a hassle, there is ...